COVID-19 6 months on – reflect and reset
We’ve been living in a COVID-19 environment for 6 months now and it’s time for our SMSF clients to take stock. Many of the initial measures released in March/April were set to expire in September but circumstances dictate that extensions have been granted and some matters need reassessing.
This webinar will consider the second tranche of early release and what a three month extension means for clients. Further we will discuss the short and long term impact of rent relief, LRBA relief, minimum pension relief and contemplate what the remainder of 2020/21 might look like.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be armed to:
- Review their clients needs for tranche 2 of early release and just how far away they are from qualifying under financial hardship or alternate compassionate grounds
- Re-evaluate current rental agreements to see whether further extensions are required to any waiver or deferral and what that means for the fund moving forward
- Communicate the main issues associated with the provision of financial assistance to members or relatives but also the risks associated with non-arm’s length transactions
- Discuss whether it is a clients best interest to continue or stop existing account based pensions
This session will be issued with CPD hours for:
- the SMSF Association
- Tax Practitioner’s Board (TPB); and
- The major accounting bodies.
Disclaimer: By registering, you consent to receiving communications regarding SuperGuardian’s services, including education, newsletter and general marketing communications.
Presenter: Tim Miller
Date: 22 September 2020
Time: 12:30pm – 1:30pm AEST
Cost: $110 incl GST
Please note as an introductory offer, all attendees can register for this webinar for FREE
Accredited CPD Education
SuperGuardian’s education activities are assessed against the SMSF Association’s professional education standards. Being recognised as an SMSF Association Accredited Educator enables us to work closely with the Association in lifting the standards of professional SMSF advice and services through quality SMSF education.
Tim Miller is one of Australia’s leading SMSF educators and presenters with over 23 years’ experience in the Superannuation industry. His experience has been gained through providing legislative and compliance support to thousands of Trustees, Accountants and Financial Planners since joining the SMSF sector in 1999. In addition to servicing the needs of SMSF clients, his practical and personable approach to compliance has made him a much sought after presenter.
Tim regularly presents at the major SMSF conferences and events, contributes to various trade and general publications and is the author of one of the subjects of the SMSF Association Graduate Certificate delivered through the University of Adelaide and Kaplan, which has also been adopted as part of the CA ANZ SMSF specialist program.
Tim is an SMSF Association Specialist Adviser.